- 1. How frequently will the entrance exam be held?
The exam will be held two times in a year tentatively in months of June and December.
- 2. How much is the registration fee?
The registration fee for the entrance exam ₹. 3,000 (three thousand only). This covers the cost of one Sample Question Paper, Indicative Solution and Online Exam. The registration fee once paid is neither refundable nor can it be carried forward for the next ACET. You are therefore requested to make considered decision to take up the examination and only then register.
- 3. Will the Question paper have sectional cut offs? What is the Pass mark for ACET Examination?
The Question paper will not have any sectional cut offs. The Pass mark for ACET Examination is 50%.
- 4. Do the reference books cover the ACET syllabus?
The reference books are for guidance purpose and they may or may not cover the given ACET syllabus.
- 5. How can I register for the exam? Please mention step by step process, if possible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: While registering, kindly use Browsers, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (7+ higher version). Please do not use mobile phone for registration. The fields marked with a red asterisk are compulsory and cannot be left blank.
Step 1 - Go to IAI website and signup at Acet_register_form
Step 2 - Fill up the online registration form and make the payment online. Before you make the payment, make sure all your details are correct because no subsequent changes would be possible thereafter.
Step 3 - On successful completion of payment, you will also receive an e- mail at your registered e-mail address confirming your registration and successful payment. (Inform us immediately, in case, you do not receive it). Kindly take a printout of your ACET online Registration Form.
- 6. Can payment be made by any other means instead of online payment?
You can only register for the exam by making an online payment.
- 7. How do I get my examination Hall Ticket?
It will be available in your login at the below mentioned link:-
- 8. Is there any penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers?
Negative marking has been discontinued from September 2019 Examination. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- 9. When will the results be declared?
The results are normally declared within 10 working days’ time from the date of the exam. The results would be available on the IAI website.
- 10. What happens after passing the exam?
If you are amongst the successful candidates, you need to follow the online admission process. (Available on the IAI Website).
Note that your membership acceptance would be subject to production of attested true copies of your education certificates that would be subject to independent verification within the timelines specified.
Also once your membership is accepted and you receive the student membership ID, you can subscribe for the study material of your selected Core principle subjects online. You can then apply for the Regular Actuarial Examinations.
• Note: Validity of ACET results is only for three years from the date of declaration of exam result for taking student membership of IAI.
- 10. What happens after passing the exam?
If you are amongst the successful candidates, you need to follow the online admission process. (Available on the IAI Website). Note that your membership acceptance would be subject to production of attested true copies of your education certificates that would be subject to independent verification within the timelines specified. Also once your membership is accepted and you receive the student membership ID, you can subscribe for the study material of your selected Core principle subjects online. You can then apply for the Regular Actuarial Examinations.
• Note : Validity of ACET results is only for three years from the date of declaration of exam result for taking student membership of IAI.
- 11. How will IAI contact me after registration?
Please see Q5 for details of the registration procedure. If you don’t receive any communication from IAI after the registration process, please contact the ACET Helpdesk at email@example.com.
- 12 Can I select my exam centre and the time of my exam?
YES, you have an option to select the exam centre; but the exam time slot is fixed i.e. 10.00am-1.00pm.
- 13. Can I appear for a paper based exam?
Currently IAI offers this exam only in a Computer based format.
- 14. I live outside India. Can I appear for IAI ACET examination?
No. You can appear for IAI ACET examination from India only.
- 15. Can an examinee take more than one attempt at this exam?
Students who have been unsuccessful (for whatever reasons) can reappear by registering again for ACET.
- 16. Who do I contact if I don’t get the email from IAI or if the registration process fails?
Please contact the ACET HELPDESK firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest.
- 17. Does Institute provides study material for ACET Examination?
Institute does not provide any study material for ACET Examination. However you can refer the Past ACET question papers with solution available under ACET Tab and name of the reference books available under ACET Syllabus tab.
- 18. What are the specifications for a photograph?
Dos Donts Upload your recent standard passport size photograph (4.5 cm length x 3.5 cm width) in colour Do not upload black and white photographs Background of the photograph should be plain white and the dress should be in dark colour Photograph with dark background or in uniform, or with eyes hidden under coloured or dark glasses will not be accepted Photograph should fit within the given box Photograph is NOT to be signed Frontal view of the full face should be visible in the photograph Distracting shadows on the face or on the background should not be there Print of the photograph should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality Eyes must not be covered by hair. Expression of the face should be natural (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows) Glares on eyeglasses should be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head Eyes must be open and both edges of face must be clearly visible Photograph should not be damaged, for example: torn, creased, or marked Minimum photo resolution should be of 150px *150px. Maximum photo size should not be more than 1MB to be saved only in (.png, .jpg, .bmp, .jpeg, .gif, .raw) format Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly visible Head should be in the centre of the frame and both ears should be visible Photographs cut from group photographs are not acceptable
- 19. Whether 12th appeared student can appear for the ACET examination?
Yes, but after passing ACET, at the time of applying for IAI student membership, the student should have qualified 12th standard.
- 20. Where can I find the Registration link for ACET Examination on website?
Please go to following link acet_register_form
- 21. Is there any provision of Revaluation or detailed mark sheet of ACET answers sheets?
For ACET Examination, there is no such provision.
- 22. If the registration fails and amount gets debited from account then whom to contact?
Please contact to IAI accounts department. Their contact details are available under contact us tab on IAI website Contact Us.
- 23 What is the mode of examination? Is it online or offline?
It is a computer based examination where the examinees have to be present at their chosen testing centre administered in 24 cities across India.
- 24. Will there be a change in structure of question paper?
ACET Question format remains the same as mentioned in ACET backgroundACET Exam Structure
- 25 Where can I look for syllabus for the exam?
Please refer Syllabus tab at syllabus
- 26. What if Government approved ID card and hall ticket are not available with me at the time of Examination?
You will not be allowed to appear for examination, in case if you fail to do so you may lose the attempt.
- 27. In which cities are the exam test centres available?
Code Centre Name Code Centre Name 1 Mumbai 13 Indore 2 Delhi 14 Nagpur 3 Kolkata 15 Ranchi 4 Bangalore 16 Kochi 5 Gurgaon 17 Bhubaneshwar 6 Chennai 18 Dehradun 7 Pune 19 Patna 8 Hyderabad 20 Vizag 9 Jaipur 21 Coimbatore 10 Ahmedabad 22 Surat 11 Lucknow 23 Guwahati 12 Chandigarh 24 Raipur
- 28. Can we bring writing notepad to the exam centre?
You will not be allowed to carry blank sheets of paper to write. However, these sheets would be provided to you at the exam venue itself. You are not allowed to carry out any paper from the exam room.
- 29. Can I use External Calculator from approved list of IAI during online examination?
Yes, you can use scientific calculators in the exam. However, you can use only one of the models from the list below:-
- Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
- Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
- Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
- Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
Please note that you will not be allowed to use any other model of the calculator. From this list, Casio FX82 (ES/MS), Texas Instruments BA II Plus and Texas Instruments TI-30 are available in India. They can be ordered from sites like Flipkart or Amazon easily by the students.
- 30. What do I need to carry to the exam centre?
- You will need to carry your exam Hall Ticket in hard copy.
- A Government issued photo Id proof (Aadhaar card, driving license, passport, voter ID card or PAN card), in original.
- In case of 12th class students they can carry their 12th class exam hall ticket or college ID card having photo duly attested in original.
- An approved scientific calculator (refer Q29) and pens for rough calculations. Note that your entry to the examination hall would be subject to verification of your valid photo ID proof. The IAI or the exam centre will not supply any of these materials at the exam venue. You will not be allowed to carry out any material other than those specified above in the exam centre. No mobile or any other kind of communication medium will be allowed inside the exam hall. You are not allowed to carry any paper from the exam room.
If you have any queries about Actuarial Common Entrance Test(ACET) please email us at email@example.com